Proofreading and Editing Service:
Founded in 2002, our proofreading service at The Editing House is owned and run by Claire Pickering. With over 15 years’ experience in the publishing industry, the material handled ranges from fiction to non-fiction. Our latest proofreading and editing projects include work undertaken for the prestigious Hay House Publishers, Harper Collins, Bonnier Publishing, Flame Tree Publishing and John Hunt Publishing, in addition to private assignments. A published author herself, she developed the award-winning My Guide series of self-help, wellness and how-to books designed to improve lives.
The Editing House liaises directly with authors, proofreaders, publishing houses and in-house technical departments in order to meet strict publishing deadlines.
Skills, qualifications and previous experience:
- fully qualified, experienced proofreader and editor
- former Chief Editor for London-based publisher
- published author
- designed and implemented a company house style
- created editing test to maintain high standards at The Editing House
- proofreading and substantive copy-editing
- content and line editing
- ability to work to tight deadlines
- editing/rewriting work where English is a second language
- preparing manuscripts for the American market, using US spelling variants
- book marketing and book coaching
- rewriting and restructuring
All subjects considered from fiction to non-fiction, including academic, self-help and how-to titles.
Words our clients use to describe us:
Friendly, professional, efficient, reasonably priced, personal service, approachable, can-do attitude, accurate, will guide and encourage you, will challenge ideas, will give clarity to your work, perfectionist, honest, positive, quick response time, good attention to detail, methodical, conscientious, reliable, effective communicator …
The Editing House Service
The Editing House understands that you have invested a lot of time and effort into your work. Your book will be handled in a professional manner so you can be proud of your work.
Do you have a novel or book in you?
The Editing House team have the perfect combination of skills to help established and aspiring writers complete their book, get published and make a profit from their writing. We aim to:
- take you through the various stages of writing
- provide a professional proofreading and editing advice
- give the latest publishing options available and advise on the submission process
- bring work up to a publishable standard
- coach you through the complete process
- keep you motivated
- guide you through making the most of marketing opportunities and keeping your work in the marketplace
Contact us at The Editing House for a personal, competitive quotation. Pay only for the work completed. Work can be tailored to suit individual needs. Let us improve your writing and get the best out of your work, by eliminating spelling mistakes, punctuation anomalies and grammatical errors.
The Editing House – big enough to be professional, small enough to care …